Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones

My iPhone 5 died on me. I then purchased an iPhone 6+. The

Customer Question

My iPhone 5 died on me. I then purchased an iPhone 6+. The salesgirl at the AT&T store informed me that all my precious photos and videos from the iPhone 5 did not transfer over to the new iPhone 6+ and were completely lost. I don't own or have a computer. I assumed all my photos were automatically saved on "iCloud?" and would simply transfer to the new iPhone. Is there any possible way to retrieve all those photos and videos? Thank you very much.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about that. Your only hope is iCloud backup. If there is iCloud backup made from previous iPhone, then you can restore your phone to that backup. You can erase this new iPhone and see if there is any backup available. Note : This process will delete everything from current iPhone.

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Contents and Settings. After erasing the iPhone, it will ask you to setup it. While setting up, select Restore from iCloud and if there is any backup available, it will restore to it.

After selecting Restore from iCloud, you have to sign in to the same iCloud account you used on the old iPhone 5 and this will only work if there is any backup available.

If that didn't work, then go to and login to your iCloud account. Click Photos and see if you see them there ?

If you're unable to get them or if you don't see them on, then I'm sorry they are gone. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will answer them.

If you are not satisfied with the answer I provided, please don't rate me bad or poor as it will badly affect my job here.