How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ElectronicsPete Your Own Question
ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Category: Smartphones
Satisfied Customers: 16889
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
Type Your Smartphones Question Here...
ElectronicsPete is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am wondering if there is a pit file or some other software

Customer Question

i am wondering if there is a pit file or some other software that i can flash to my phone to change the partition details such as device type. I tried rooting my phone with a frankenstein recovery that was made solely to try and revive my model of phone as there was nothing out or developed for it yet. when the stock firmwares became available i tried to flash back to stock with unsupported_dev type every time i try. i am now trying to flash a totally different firmware with the same problem. the hardware is the same for the other firmware as my device. is there any way i cn change the device type on my phone.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 11 months ago.

Hi Jason

What is the make and model number of the phone?

Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 11 months ago.

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Related Smartphones Questions