Randy
Randy, Customer Service
Experience:  Expert in service and repair of all Smartphones.
62741268

My iphone 6 (3 mos old) just shuts down. Goes dark. When I

Customer Question

My iphone 6 (3 mos old) just shuts down. Goes dark. When I plug in shows 0 battery, within 1 minute goes to 100% charge. Does matter charge %%. Was just on hold for 40 min w/Apple store nashville, TN, then phone just went blank showing zero charge. Plugged up immediately showed 100%
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Randy replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

This could be a glitch in the software and the iPhone needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 30 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have tried to reboot many times. The issue has always returned within minutes to hours.Have just done again.Shows everything on and 100% charge. Will eventually go back to dead
Expert:  Randy replied 6 months ago.

okay, this sounds like a hardware issue. it could be a defective battery also.

• You will need to determine if this is a firmware or hardware issue.
  • If it is a hardware issue then the only option will be to get it repaired at an Apple store or smartphone repair center. Since the iPhone is less than 12 months old you can get this done under the Apple warranty. you will need an iCloud back up to restore your data if the iPhone is replaced under warranty.
  • The only option to rule out the firmware in the iPhone will be a factory restore.
  • The process for restoring an iPhone begins by wiping the iPhone, which puts it into the same clean state it was when you first got it out of the box.
  • But before you take this step, you must make sure your iPhone has been backed up to the iCloud.
  • You can verify your iCloud backup by going into the iPhones settings and choosing iCloud from the menu.
  • In the iCloud settings, choose Storage and Backup. This will take you to a screen that will display the last time the iPhone was backed up to iCloud.
  • Once you verify the backup, you are ready to begin the process. You will start by erasing all data and settings from the iPhone, which puts it into a clean state,
  • Go to General from the Settings icon. . Scroll all the way down in the General settings until you see "Reset".
  • From this menu, choose "Erase All Content and Settings".
  • Once this complete, go through the initial set up and then choose to restore from a backup, you will be taken to a screen where you can choose from your last backup.

e "Erase All Content and Settings".

Once this complete, go through the set up and then choose to restore from a backup, you will be taken to a screen where you can choose from your last backup

Expert:  Randy replied 6 months ago.

Did that work for you?