Terry Parker
Terry Parker, Smartphone Technician
Experience:  Device Technician at Batteries Plus Bulbs

My LG 50PG60UD will not power on after being left off weeks

Customer Question

My LG 50PG60UD will not power on after being left off for three weeks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when the TV is plugged in the power light is continually green meaning it should be on, but when I press the power button nothing happens
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: That seems to be all I can see
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Terry Parker replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be your "Device Repair Technician. I will assist you the best possible way I can to help resolve the issue you are having with your device. I would also like to ask you to rate me on my services that I will providing for you. So lets get started.
I am not a television tech but I did go to college for electronics and you are having a picture backlight problem. I think you should address this issue as soon as possible.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, the TV will not power on at all. The standby light is green indicating that the unit should be on but it is not, and the standby button has no effect, when I press it the light continues to remain green and nothing happens
Exactly. Backlight is something like a picture tube and the television lights will indicate like the tv is suppose to be on but it's not. So meaning you will so the light but no picture which means the tube or backlight has blown out and needs to be repaired.