khanjeevan, Customer Service
Experience:  Electronics Engineer,2yrs+ experience as a circuit analyst

My I-phone 6 fell in the toilet. I put it in rice but unfortunately

Customer Question

My I-phone 6 fell in the toilet. I put it in rice but unfortunately left the protective case on it. I just removed the case and there were some signs of water in the case. Is there anything I can do to resurrect my iPhone?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  khanjeevan replied 5 months ago.
Hi,The problem is that water conducts electricity. When the water fell on your mobile, it also went inside the mobile to the main board etc. The moment you turned the mobile ON while it was still wet inside, the mobile experienced a number of short circuits and crossed connections due to which many electronics components and circuits has damaged.Mobile contains both electronic and mechanical components.when water is spilled in it ,the water can form current bridges that will prevent the device from operating correctly.The moment water got spilled you should have disassembled the mobile and then clean and eliminate any water and deposits from the circuit board by using a drying agent like acetone.Now, the mobile has to be opened and the components needs to be thoroughly checked and diagnosed.The damaged components needs to be replaced to get back everything to alright.
How old is your phone?Is it over a year?