John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+Yrs in the computer/electronics service industry
60674955

My i-phone 6 is frozen. It won't swipe. I was told that I needed

Customer Question

My i-phone 6 is frozen. It won't swipe. I was told that I needed to back up and restore my phone. I'm technologically challenged. I don't know how to do it.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  John T. F. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, First, let’s attempt resolving this issue with your Apple device by trying a hard reset, then proceed from there if that does not resolve the problem: Disconnect the device from it's cord, if plugged in. Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top right) and Home button (on the front) together for around 10 seconds. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons. The next thing you should see after the Apple logo is the home screen a few minutes later. If the above does not work, plug it straight into a power outlet and try again. Thanks,John