Rusty, Technician
Experience:  Specialize in Android and iPhones. How may I help you?

I recently upgraded my IPhone 4 and now it says it wants an

Customer Question

I recently upgraded my IPhone 4 and now it says it wants an apple pin which do not have. It was my daughter's phone and she doesn't remember putting one in. My phone is now locked and I need to unlock it. I understand that the data may be lost but I can' use it the way that it is. Please help!
Thanks in advance
Sandra Cassel
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Rusty replied 6 months ago.
Hello Sandra, my name is Rusty. The only way around the forgotten pin is to reset the phone. Plug the phone into your computer, and open iTunes. Go to the iTunes menu, and select check for updates. That will update your phone with the latest software. That is where you will find an option to restore your iPhone. It will take a few minutes, but your phone will be like new condition when it is complete, and you'll get to set it up with your personal preferences, just like it was when it first came out of the box. Let me know if you have any trouble restoring your phone.