Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I call someone or they call me , they nor I can hear anything

Customer Question

I call someone or they call me , they nor I can hear anything from my phone
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Make sure the Mute control (in the Volume control) isn't turned On. Also check that the volume is up well above minimum.(This could affect the microphone also, since it has a volume control.) Check also, whether your phone's sound-producing capability is still working... play a ringtone (by going into ringtone settings) or play music, and see if it can be heard. After that... it might be that your phone is infected with some software that disables sound as a side-effect, perhaps. Such infections, in an Android phone, occur because there is a security hole in the software. If you'd like to test your phone (assuming it is indeed an Android-based phone) for the most famous Android OS security hole or weakness, let me know, and I will give you instructions. And, after that, the store's suggestion sounds good - provided that the sound capability of your phone is not a hardware problem somehow affecting both the microphone and the speaker. (That's why I suggested doing some sound checks, previously.) If it is indeed some sort of software affliction - whether hacking through a security hole, or just a spontaneous corruption - that, the hard reset and data wipe, will erase it. But be minded: you would have to back up your phone's data first, because the hard reset's data wipe will erase it beyond recovery.)