John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+Yrs in the computer/electronics service industry
60674955

I have faced a lots of problem updating my iphone 6 OS to

Customer Question

I have faced a lots of problem updating my iphone 6 OS to 9.3 from 9.2. the issue i am facing is that, after update process which about 1.88GB then i saw the error message showing on my screen 9006.
I tried troubleshooting all i could, even download the update manually on the site ipsw.me which then hold the shift botton and browse the manual setup and brought me back to the iTunes then i click on restore and the process started manually, when the iphone is about to finish restore, then i got another error message saying error 4005.
I tried the other processes below
Restart iTunes
Reboot Computer
Update iTunes
Update computer windows
my time and date with zone are perfect
Try Other USB Port with another new USB cable
still yet, i am having the problem, my iphone is at the middle of life and death. if i put in the cable and connect it to my computer, it will show iTunes on the screen and cable symbol nothing yet. on my computer, the iTunes will be showing three options now Eject Iphone, Iphone recovery mode and a small box will pop again giving me the options to cancel, update or restore....
PLS...I need help asap.iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  John T. F. replied 11 months ago.
Hi, The following procedure is a special firmware recovery mode (DFU). It will erase your Apple device, removing any passcodes, re-install the operating system, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind). Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/(Mac users can run System Preferences > Software Update (or “Apple Store” for OS X 10.9 users) > Check now to get the latest version for their system in most cases.) * Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it * Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off). * Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds * Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until... * iTunes should pop up and tell you it’s found a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore. If it fails again, please provide the current error message. Thanks,John
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
check this link https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263 that is exactly what my phone is showing, as i will attach the screen shot to this reply, i am still showing error 9006, help me out in this issue, when the download completed, it continue showing me error 9006 instead updating my iphone.
Hi again,Thanks for the pictures. I'm not clear if you tried the steps exactly as I had given previously. The slightest change can sometimes make all the difference. Also, it's important you choose Restore and not just Update. Finally, if you are running a third party anti-virus or firewall you should temporarily disable or uninstall that. John
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i already uninstal the anti-virus and disable the firewall. that is i am showing the picture, if i connect the iphone to my computer, it pop up but when i click on restore, it will start download and when the download complete, it will be a problem to restore the iphone because i keep getting the error message 9006 on the itunes.
Ok, dismiss the pop-up and complete the steps I gave you previously. Here they are again. Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off). * Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds * Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until... * iTunes should pop up and tell you it’s found a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore. This is different than simply choosing restore from the first pop-up as it puts the device in a slightly different mode. John
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You see, the problem i have right now, my phone off its self, if i should on, it will only on for 30 seconds if i don't press anything, it will automatically off again, its not in the menu for me to switch off the phone and be expecting the red slider to come up, no option for that than to be seeing itunes with the cable showing on my phone screen. so i wonder if my iphone 6 is not damage.I repeated your procedure many times, i have exhausted over 10GB for this today, if there is any other solution let me know, i have latest itunes and my computer is up to date.
Yes, when the iPhone has crashed and you only see the "Connect To iTunes" screen then you won't get the slider which is why I mentioned the other option to hold the sleep/wake button down until the device shuts off. After you hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds and then release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button... do you then get the pop-up to restore the device? John
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i got the pop-up to restore or update the device! but when i always do, once the download completed,it shows error 9006 again, i am tired, i just abandon the iphone 6 and went to purchase iphone 6S but i still waiting if engineer will be able to sort the issue because i gave it to the engineer because i thought it was what i could do but not.
9006 is generally a connectivity issue and I think we've eliminated a lot of the possible causes on your computer. Do you have another computer you can try the restore on? John
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes, i have tried it on my friend computer, still the same.
Ok, and I believe you mentioned trying different cables. In this case, there's likely a physical issue. One outside chance, if you have a flash light is to verify there is no foreign matter in the lightning port where the cable plugs in. Beyond that it is probably a problem within the phone itself. John
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but the phone was working nicely with no issue, its when i tried to upgrade it, thats when the problem rise.