Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

How can I get rid of the ringer icon on my iPhone screen please

Customer Question

How can I get rid of the ringer icon on my iPhone screen please help
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. That usually indicates that either the volume up or volume down button is stuck at pressed position. Software issue usually don't cause this problem. If you have case or protective cover installed, remove it. Check if it working now. If not, do the steps below We can try to reset it. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Is it still appearing ? If so, then reset the settings of your iPhone. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. This will not delete anything from your iPhone but it will reset some settings like WiFI, bluetooth, ringtone, wallpaper etc If it still not working, that means it is an hardware issue. Dirt, water damage etc inside the buttons can cause this issue. Your phone thinks that you are holding down the Volume up or down button. So try pressing the volume up and down buttons repeatedly for a few times (with a little pressure). Also try switching the mute switch back and forth a few times. If it still not working, then you have to take your iPhone to the Apple Store unfortunately. They need to take out the case and clean or replace the switch. This is not a software glitch. Software issue won't cause this problem. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask