Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

I just got a used iPhone 6 and I can't set it up because

Customer Question

hi I just got a used iPhone 6 and I can't set it up because the person before me won't give me they're iTunes email and password. how do I get past this?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Hi there and welcome TammPlease do not shoot the messenger, but if you cannot enter in the iCloud username and password on the phone, the phone cannot be used.Even Apple will not and cannot unlock it.It has been designed like this to stop the theft of the iPhone by making it useless unless it is unlocked.Unless they provide you the email address and password, you will not be able to use the phone sorry, you cannot get around this.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you