Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

My iPhone 4s refuses to upgrade my life supporting medical

Customer Question

My iPhone 4s refuses to upgrade my life supporting medical app
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. This happens if there is any issue with the network connection or iTunes account. Try the following the solutions ; First we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store. Tap your Apple ID and tap Sign Out. This will sign out from your account. Then open App Store. Tap Updates tab. If you see Update button next to the apps, then do the update one at a time. Sign in to your Apple ID when asked. If it is still stuck at installing update, then you need to delete that medical app and redownload them from App Store. In home screen, tap and hold down that app that got stuck and it will start wiggling. Then tap the x button on the app to delete them. Then open App Store and download it again. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I have shit iPhone down then rebooted. Sign d out from my Apple ID. Then opened up Apple Store and tab updates. Nothing there? I have tried to delete the Apple but they are greyed out and wiggling but going nowhere?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry that should read shut down iPhone.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Shutdown and restart is different. You need to hold down both Power and Home button at same time and it will show Apple logo automatically. When you see it, release the buttons and let it boot.Then tap and hold down your Medical app and when it starts wiggling, you will see a small x on left corner of that app. If so, tap it. Then open App Store. Search the name of your Medical app and then download it again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not deleting the apps
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
What is the name of that medical app ? What is the label showing under that Medical app ? like Waiting, Installing etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
There is a way to fix it using your computer, but that is the last option. Lets try different method to fix it. When you tap and hold down that Medical app, do you see a small x on the top left corner of that medical app ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Tap that x button and what happens ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I click on the x and it remains
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
That means the application got corrupted. Open App Store, search the name of that medical app and from the results, do you see that app ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Also try this. Go to Settings and turn on Airplane mode. This will stop all internet and communication from iPhone. Then go the page where the app is showing waiting. Just touch on it and it will say Paused. Then open App Store. Tap on Updates and do you see a Stop button (a blue box in a circle) next to your medical app ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes so do you want me to upload the app again, means I lose all my medical data? How can I prevent app corruption in the future ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you need to upload the application again. This is a common and rare issue, which happens if your iPhone loses internet connection in the midst of updating. If the application is corrupted, then all the medical data will be deleted unfortunately unless this apps uses online save feature.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I guess it's sorta uploading, but I've been here before and it just stalled, so will see what happens. Meantime I might need to just contact medical help as not feelings that well.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry. Hope you will be fine. If it doesn't work, then try the following steps; Solution 1 :Go to Settings and turn on Airplane mode. This will stop all internet and communication from iPhone. Then go the page where the app is showing waiting. Just touch on it and it will say Paused. Then open App Store. Tap on Updates and do you see a Stop button (a blue box in a circle) next to your medical app ? If so, tap it. This will stop the update. Stop updates for all the apps waiting to be updated there. Then update one by one. Then turn off Airplane mode and update your medical app only. Solution 2 :Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. This will reset some settings but will not delete any of your files or data. Remember, doing this will disconnect your iPhone from WiFi network. So you need to connect it back to WiFi network from Settings > WiFi again. If you don't have your WiFi password, then don't reset all settings. Solution 3:This is a guaranteed solution and it will work. You can reinstall that medical app or update your iPhone using your computer. Please let me know if the above methods doesn't work, so I will send you instructions to fix it using your computer.