Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a blackberry Q10 phone. I want to know what software

Customer Question

I have a blackberry Q10 phone. I want to know what software I need to either download or purchase the place all my contact information on either my laptop or desktop in order to have this saved for the purchase of a new phone. I'm not sure if the software that I download or purchase requires a specific as to whether I am going to purchase an iPhone or an android. Can you help me out and let me know what software I need
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I advise you to get Blackberry Desktop, and do a Sync with it, to backup your files etc. from the Backberry you have.Blackberry Desktop, the software, is free of charge, and can be run on either a MAC computer, or a Windows PC. I advise you to run it on the type of equipment you intend to use it with, if you intend to buy an iPhone, that's an Apple device, so install Blackberry Desktop on an Apple computer, if you can, in that case.In the case of an Android device... that might have difficulties. But a backup or sync using Blackberry Desktop, on a PC, would be not inappropriate. Here's the page from which you can download the installer for Blackberry Desktop: There are two sections on that page, one for Windows, the other for Apple computers.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can you forward your answer to my email ***@******.***.
By regulations I am not allowed to use private email addresses. Here's the answer posted as a file to filedropper, for your convenience (I hope. If the file format is wrong for you, let me know): Please rate my answer (if this concludes the case) so that this case may be closed. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.