ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer

I have an i phone 5c and am unable to access both cellulare

Customer Question

i have an i phone 5c and am unable to access both cellulare data and wi-fi
Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
whenever i try to access either the wi-fi or the cellular my phone will freeze for about 30 sec. and whenever i try to hold the power button to completely turn off the i phone then it wont work
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
now i have tried to click reset network settings and now my phone is completely frozen.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It sounds as if the network hardware in your iPhone was in a bad way. But, having both the WiFi circuits and the cellular circuits go bad in parallel, would be rather odd. So I'm inclined to suspect that instead, the software in your iPhone has become fouled up - possibly by a hacker attack.Since I know a bit less about iPhones than I should, the best I can say is, take it to an Apple store. (For help with getting the iOS operating system on it refreshed, after a backup of your data e.g. by iTunes.)But since other Experts here know more, I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.(Note: this does not cut off communication with me, and I can still see and respond to any further postings you may make to this case.)
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 6 months ago.
Hi Chris,Try pressing and holding the Power and Home button at the same time for 20 seconds - let me know if that unfreezes the phone for you?
Hi Chris, just checking in on your question. How did things work out for you?