Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

I have apple iPhone 6 - it updated and I need my password *****

Customer Question

I have apple iPhone 6 - it updated and I need my password ***** cant remember it so I cant use my ohone - it says hello I slide and enter code
then I t goes to screen that says password
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-yw02x2hy- replied 8 months ago.
Hello,Sorry you are having this issue. Unfortunately, it will require you to erase your device with recovery modeIf you've never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple storeWhile your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't let go when you see the Apple logo — keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this has not worked i will have to go to best buy i think
Hello,If that has failed your best course of action would be visiting your local Apple store. They would be more than happy to assist in resetting the device. Sorry I wasn't able to assist tonight.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Hi there and welcome If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new passwordOnce done, you can use these details to sign in on your device let me know the results please.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Please let me know