Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones

I have forgotten my pass code how can I retrieve it?

Customer Question

Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Is this is an iPhone ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
a 4
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately there is NO way to retrieve that passcode or get back to your phone without the passcode (without erasing it). Your only option is erase the iPhone from iCloud or force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users.

But if you had backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here :

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will have to try this later. thanks.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

No problem. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me later or any time you want.

Best Regards,