JKalman
JKalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master Of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I purchased an S-6 Plus about 9 days ago and this morning

Customer Question

I purchased an S-6 Plus about 9 days ago and this morning when I woke up, my phone wanted me to do finger recognition for log on. I was still half asleep, apparently, and somewhere through the set-up I must have made a mistake and it froze up on me. Over the past 5 hours, I have been trying different passwords to get in, but they all seem to be wrong and I get locked out for 15-40 minutes before I can try again.
I went to a Sprint store, but they said without the pass word all they can do is wipe it clean and start all over. I have Uber and Get Me drive assist service apps on there pluc things with about 30-40 different passwords, and two different email addresses. Is there any way we can retrieve the password, or info , that I need from the cloud to get my phone started again?
Thank you.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  JKalman replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Unfortunately, you will have to do a factory reset. That is the only way to regain access to your phone now. But no worries. Your email will all be restored, and you can reinstall the apps that are most important to you over time. You don't need to do it all at once.