Viet-Smartphone Tech
Viet-Smartphone Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with smartphones.
30037186

I did the most recent update on my iPhone 5 last night. This

Customer Question

I did the most recent update on my iPhone 5 last night. This morning it requested my apple id I used to set up my phone. I put in the id and password ***** remember and it would not take. I tried resetting my apple password ***** I figure out the id and it still will not work.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Viet-Smartphone Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What happens when you reset your Apple password? Is there any error or message?

On your iPhone, does it show part of an email address? If yes, do you recognize that email address?

Do you currently have access to that email address on another device?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I do live online support. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can help fixing your Apple ID account directly through your computer for now?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am getting very mad. I just paid yall and this is not helpful. Very difficult to use. I want my money back

I'm sorry. Is there any issue. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can help fixing your Apple ID account directly through your computer for now?

Did you see my questions in my previous replies? Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

We guarantee our service, so don't worry. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just paid for help. why do you want more money
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is my i phone

Sorry; for extra direct support, but please ignore that; I will waive it for you, and we guarantee our service, so don't worry. I know the issue is with your iPhone. What happens when you try to reset your Apple password ***** another device?

Do you also have a windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I reset it successfully on the computer. However i am locked out of my iPhone. It says that it does not match what i set up on phone.

On your iPhone, does it show part of an email address?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Please tell me that part of the email address it is showing on the iPhone, thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is that helpful
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm confused what am I suppose to do?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am going to have to leave my computer in about 20 minutes. So if someone does not return quickly I need to know how I can get help later this morning. Call my husbands cell at(###) ###-#### ***** cell number that is currently locked up is(###) ###-####
Sorry, what's your full email address?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do you recognize the email address starting with letter J and contains @a and ends with .net?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
which i thought was***@******.***
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my phone has never done this with an update.
Do you currently have access to that att email address on your computer?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i can try but will i lose you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what do i do when i get in? What do i do cause i have to get ready for work.
You can boomkmark/ add to favorites this web page, or check your email later for messages from JustAnswer / Viet. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i need a number i can call for help later.
Once you get in the att email address, you can reset the apple password ***** the att address at the website
http://iforgot.apple.com
, you need to use the att email address on the iPhone
We can contine whenever you are available. Thank you for your patience.
I do live online support. You can get back to me via the View Response/ View Answer link in the email message from JustAnswer / Viet in your email. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i need to know how i can talk to a person later. This is
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this is very confusing for me
I'm sorry, that's why I offer to connect remotely to your computer, so I can help you quickly. Can you go to the att.net and access your att email address there?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok i will but not sure how we will reconnect
Did you receive any email message from JustAnswer / Viet in your email?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok I am going to take a break. I will resume in around 7:00 am. I am getting very upset and I need to calm down. I expected to talk to a person. I just had trouble trying to log into that account. I need to try later. Popping around on my computer is difficult for me. I will never do another update.

I'm sorry, sometimes, Apple will force you to update for providing security and / or compatibility with new apps / features.

- You can use the forgot password ***** at the att.net website as needed, or use the direct att password ***** website below:

https://www.att.com/olam/unauth/fpwdEnterUserId.myworld

Note: User ID means your att email address. (If needed, you can also call att to help resetting your att email password.)

- Once you are able to log in your att email address, then you can reset your Apple password ***** the apple website below using your att email address:

http://iforgot.apple.com

, there, make sure to enter your att email address, then click on next / continue, and continue with the instructions there in order to reset your apple password.

- If successful, then you can enter the att email address on your iPhone and it should work.

If you'd like to, I can always connect remotely to your computer and do all the steps quickly and directly for you while you are watching.

- If needed, click on the Apple website below:

https://getsupport.apple.com

, then there, select the option Apple ID, then option Lost Apple ID Password, then you can schedule a support phone call there.

- I'm sorry, I won't be available at that time. I will be back starting from 12pm noon pacific time. But you can rely back to me anytime, and I will respond / email you as soon as I'm back. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok I was able to get into this email. I did not see anything from you on there. My phone started doing other things to move process along then I got stuck cause it would not accept the passcode I put in
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
right now it says Go to one of your other devices signed in to icloud to approve this iphone .....Waiting for approval.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will check in on this link off and on today while I am at work to see your instruction
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
some how I just fixed this thing
this was a horrible update they did on my phone never have I been through something like this with an update who can I call for a complaint.

Great. Apple contact is at https://getsupport.apple.com/

, and Apple feedback form is at https://www.apple.com/support/feedback/

Though usually, Apple support or any product company support is slow, especially for out of warranty products. They may not even want to provide support for out-of-warranty products.

- For major updates, sometimes, the memory of the system (i.e., iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.), needs to be refresh, so it asks for your Apple ID account. It's very important that you remember your Apple ID password ***** the email address associated with your Apple ID account. The Apple ID / email address verifies that you are the owner of your Apple product. For example, if your iPhone is lost or stolen, someone else cannot use the iPhone without a passcode, and even if he / she resets / wipes out the phone fresh, he / she cannot use your iPhone without the correct email address and Apple ID password. For products that are a couple of years old or older, people usually forget the password, and/or they have changed their email address. I recommend to keep your Apple ID account update, i.e., update your email address and your phone number and street address on your Apple ID account whenever there is any change. For example, right now, you can go to the Apple website below:

http://appleid.apple.com/

, then there, log in with your att email address and your Apple ID password

, then update / add your bellsouth email address

, also, there, if needed, check / update your phone number and street address.

As long as your Apple ID account is up to date with your correct information, then you should never have problem with resetting your Apple ID account password, even if you forget the password.

- Also, if you use any other online account, such as Facebook, online banking, etc., you should update your email address, etc. also if you have not done yet.

I'm an independent support tech. Next time, if you have any electronics or computer issue, instead of providing written instructions, which you would have to do yourself like for this issue, I can connect remotely to your computer and do all the troubleshooting steps directly and quickly for you if you'd like to. For example, in this case, I would connect remotely to your computer, and I would fix your att email login issue quickly first, then I would fix your Apple ID password ***** away.

I'm glad you got it working now. Do you have any other computer / electronics question / issue I can help with today? Please reply at the box below. Thank you for the update.

Hi.

Do you still need help with anything else?

If you need help with anything else, please let me know any time. I'm an independent support tech; I fix electronics and computer issues, and we guarantee our service. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much