John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+Yrs in the computer/electronics service industry

I just updated the settings on my I phone. I'm not sure

Customer Question

I just updated the settings on my I phone. I'm not sure what my ID and password *****
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  John T. F. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, your ID is normally the same one you use for the App Store and it typically your email address.

You should be able to reset your password ***** the site:

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Email authentication followed by Next.

Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: (under "Manage Your Apple account")

If you can’t successfully reset your password ***** still can not log in, please let me know.