Steve G., Technician
Experience:  Vice President of Electronic Repair Company
329447

My iPhone believes that my Apple id is associated with an

Customer Question

My iPhone believes that my Apple id is associated with an email address I no longer use. I have the correct address noted everywhere I can input an email address but still my iPhone uses a wrong email. As a result, I cannot order apps and music through my iPhone because it continuously wants me to reset my password.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Ok. Do this and let me know if you get stuck.

Follow these steps to change the email address that you use as your Apple ID.

1. Sign out of every Apple service and device that uses your Apple ID.
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  3. In the Account section, click Edit. Under your Apple ID, click Change Email Address.
  4. Enter the email address you want to use as your Apple ID. A verification code will be sent to your new email address.
  5. Enter the verification code from the email into the fields provided and start using your updated Apple ID. Didn't get the email?
  6. Sign back in to all Apple services with your new Apple ID.

You can change your Apple ID to any other email address you control, as long as it's not already in use as an Apple ID. If your email address ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com, you can't change your Apple ID and you won't see Change Email Address on your account page.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards.

Steve

Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 months ago.

Hi. Did you get my answer from earlier?

Please let me know.

Steve