Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Smartphone Expert.
23511658

HELP! My Samsung smart phone, which I've had only since last

Customer Question

HELP ! My Samsung smart phone, which I've had only since last July, is non-functional !
It worked perfectly well yesterday. I did nothing to change any settings. It has plenty of power and responds to summoning and changing screens without any problem that I can see.
However, it WON'T RECEIVE CALLS & IT WON'T PERMIT ME TO MAKE CALLS. When I dial a # ***** screen shows it's connecting but within 3 seconds I hear a series of short beeps and it disconnects. When someone calls me the screen lights up but there's nobody there when I answer. Surely this shouldn't be happening with an almost new phone, right? Please help. Bart **********
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Bart, you may only need to do a complete restart to get the phone back to normal. To do that, press the power button until you see a screen to shutdown or restart. You can do either one - restart or shut down. If you shut down, press the power button long enough for it to virbrate to turn it back on. Wait a minute or two for it to come up and then check to see if it behaves normally. If not, let me know - there are some other things we can try, like doing a reset of the phone. It isn't likely to be a hardwarte failure, if that makes yo feel any better.... we can get it corrected.