Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I purchased a new iphone 6 plus case yesterday from the

Customer Question

i purchased a new iphone 6 plus case yesterday from the apple rep He must have pressed mute or no volume, when he changed the old case to the new one. The phone is in the house. The house has been torn up by four people. I know the phone is in the house, since we located it using find my iphone. HOw do i find the iphone??
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Did you 'Play sound' from iCloud ? It will work even if the volume is low or muted

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

There are two ways to find the iPhone if it is in your house. First is, go to www.icloud.com

Login to the iCloud account. Click Find iPhone. Select your iPhone under Devices. Now click on Play Sound button. This will play a continuous sound on your iPhone regardless of volume level or muted.

Another suggestion is, wait until it's dark. Then turn off all lights and make sure no ambient light enter to the house. Now play sound from iCloud or ring the phone. This will light up the screen and you may be to locate it just from the brightness of the phone.

There are no other way to find the exact location of the phone other than using Find iPhone. The iPhone will keeping ringing until you turn it off manually when you play sound from iCloud. Doesn't it ring ? Hopefully you will be able to find it.

Please understand I can only give suggestions in this case. If you are not satisfied with my suggestions, please don't rate me bad or poor. Rating me bad will only affect my job in here and will not cancel this question. If you need any help, please ask and I will continue to help you until you are satisfied.

Let me know if you find it.

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, Just checking. Were you able to find the iPhone using iCloud Play Sound ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i was charged 5 dollars for a phone call and never received it!
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry. A phone call wouldn't help in this case as this is not a issue that can be resolved on phone. You didn't get charged for the phone call. The $5 was only a safety deposit. It is fully refundable.

Did you try my suggestions ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
my credit card was charged 5 dollars from your service if it is fully refundable please do so as agreed ! I will not be spending any more of my time on this issue except with my credit card company tomorrow, 3-7-2016 at 8am,
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

I will request JustAnswer to refund your account. It may take a day or 2 to process the refund

Best Regards,