Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

I bought a appleiphone5s off eBay and come to find out the

Customer Question

I bought a appleiphone5s off eBay and come to find out the person selling it was not the owner they found it in a parking lot and decided to sell it after resetting it but it has a Apple ID account that locks it from use if lost. The phone came from Ohio and I live in New York State and have no idea who really owned the phone so I am out money till I can find out or unlock it. How would I find out who owned it before or how and if it can be unlocked and used. Other wise I have a expensive paper weight. And help would be great if it allows me to either get ahold of owner or unlock it for use.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

It is very likely it is stolen and this is why you have this lock. Its common now on ebay to get these locks when they are stolen.

Even calling Apple Chris will not help, they will never unlock it. The only way to unlock it is if the original owner signs into it, I can promise you on this as I deal with this a lot.

Your welcome to call Apple On 1-***-***-**** but they will confirm to you what I am saying.

With this issue, they will not even see the owner.

Unless you can get the original owner to unlock it, you have an expensive paperweight sorry Chris

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you