Engineer John C., Smartphones Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified
23822421

I had been using iphone (model A1453 FCC ID: BCG-E2642A

Customer Question

I had been using iphone (model A1453 FCC ID: BCG-E2642A IC:579C-E2642A IMEI: 352032062687915) in Japan under Softbank mobile company. However, I left Japan by paying all the costs and canceling my contract. But the softbank mobile company has rejected my claim to use the phone overseas. Now I am out Japan and want to use my iphone. So, I am kindly requesting the Apple company to unlock my phone so that I can use my phone in Ethiopia.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

If you have paid all the costs and cancelling the contract, then you should call the mobile company (Softbank) and ask them to unlock the phone. As it is completely paid they should unlock it. In US mobile companies usually charge around $50 for unlocking the phones, even if you have paid everything. Not sure how much would Softbank charge but please call them to find out.

Apple cannot unlock the phone as Apple didn't lock it.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====