Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I lost my iPhone. Can you track it?

Customer Question

I lost my iPhone. Can you track it?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm sorry that you lost your iPhone. If you have iCloud or Find My iPhone activated on it then you can track it. On your PC, go to www.icloud.com

Then login with your Apple ID or iCloud account you used in your iPhone. Click Find My iPhone button. Then click All Devices, then select your iPhone. This will show the iPhone in the map. If you are unable to track it, then click Lost Mode in there. This will password ***** it and show custom message you want on it.

If it still not find it, then click Erase there. This will erase the iPhone and deactivate it. No one will ever able to use that iPhone without you activate it again.

(Once it is erased, you need to provide your Apple ID and password ***** activate it again)

If you have not enabled the iCloud and Fine My iPhone option on it, then you will not be able to track it unfortunately. It can't also be tracked if it is turned off. But it will be erased the moment it turn on (assuming it is connected to internet). Find my iPhone option is your only hope now.

I'd also recommend to change your email password, AppStore password ***** all other passwords you used on it. So the person who get the iPhone will not be able access your emails or other things that require password.

You should also call your carrier and ask them to disable the services as well as backlist the iPhone. You can also ask them if it is possible to track it via IMEI number. If you make a complaint to the police, then may be able to track it via IMEI. You can't track it yourself via IMEI unfortunately.

If you've any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

I know this might not be the answer you want to hear, but this is the reality. So please don't rate me bad or poor for giving you the right information even if this not the answer you want to hear. If you are not satisfied, you can close this page without rating and you can ignore all rating requests.