Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

I accidently restored my iphone to old backup and now lost

Customer Question

i accidently restored my iphone to old backup and now lost all my stuff including photos, no icloud backup either, is there a way to restore
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i went to backup thinking it was my latest phone backup, it went to a very old back up and now have lost all my photos
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Did you ever make a backup of the iPhone with the content your now missing?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no backup was made
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i thought i was doing back up but accidentally restored backup
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, then it will not be possible to restore sorry, as you overwrote the date with the backup which wipes everything, its not like deleting a file, but your also overwriting it

I am really sorry but when you do this the data is completely gone.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you