Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Customer Service
Experience:  15+ years expertise in electronics,cell phones,smart phones
8287049

I have an iPhone 6 and my phone does not have a voice in the

Customer Question

I have an iPhone 6 and my phone does not have a voice in the car but outside the car it does do you know why
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your hearing the response(s) over the car's speakers means, obviously, that while in the car you are working through the car stereo, by way of a Bluetooth wireless connection I would presume. Now, you must be aware that Bluetooth doesn't have a terribly fast bandwidth or transmission rate, so when working via Bluetooth, it may be that the function is either not available at too low a rate, or that it seems not available but is in reality 'buffering' very slowly, with a slow response time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone has no voice when in the car but if I am outside the car it works with sound as soon as I get in the car and turn it does not work why? Is it something in my car?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

What maker and model of car do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toyota camery 2012
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

That's odd. I really don't know what to make of this case... your car is nothing special. (By which I mean, it is nothing special that I know of that would be likely to muffle wireless signals.)

Since I am out of ideas, I have Opted Out of this case, opening it to other Experts.

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.

Is the problem only happening with Google Maps, or also for other apps like Music? If just Google Maps, try enabling Bluetooth calling under Settings -> Navigation Settings -> "Play voice over Bluetooth" and "Play as Bluetooth phone call". This will ensure the voice comes through via bluetooth.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the apple maps that was already on my phone I don't play music so not sure under settings there is Bluetooth which I so there is no navigation setting under the maps there is a navigation voice which is on so I don't no where you mean
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.

When you're in navigation mode, there is a speaker icon on the bottom right corner of the screen. If you tap that while in navigation mode (in your car), do you see the voice volume option set to "Normal" and the Output set to your cars bluetooth? Note, you wont see this without actually being in the car. Let me know what you find. Thanks again,