Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

I unnecessarily backed up my phone to the last backup more

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** I unnecessarily backed up my phone to the last backup more than three years ago I lost everything I want to reverse the backup
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I connected my phone to my computer because it kept saying that it hadn't been backed up so I clicked "restore from last back up" and I clicked restore. I didn't want to actually restore
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Please do not shoot the messenger, but restoring a phone overwrites everything on it, and replaces it with the backup, there is no way to do this as it did not delete the data, it over wrote it, replacing the data already there.

Unless you have a backup to revert to, there is no way to undo this sorry.

I would rather tell you this directly, then have you waste your time trying to find a solution to this that does not exist.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you