Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

We have a Galaxy S4 moble phone and we would like to

Customer Question

We have a Galaxy S4 moble phone and we would like to transfer the pictures we have in the phone to our computer desktop, is there a way to do than? We plugged in a USB from phone to computer and it doesn't do anything other than charge the phone. We don't see any other cables that came with the phone. Thanks.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you using an Apple Mac or Windows PC ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Windows PC Windows 10
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

First download and install Samsung Kies from here --> http://www.samsung.com/in/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/

Once you did that, connect the S4 to your computer with the USB cable. Unlock the screen of your phone. Then swipe down from the top and you will see USB connected. Tap it and tap Media Transfer (or MTP). Your computer will recognize it now and should allow you to download the pictures. You will see the phone under "This PC". Open it from there, open the Phone memory the picture, open DCIM folder and you can copy the pictures from this folder to your computer.

If that didn't work, then swipe down from the top of the screen, select USB connected and select Camera PTP this time and your computer will recognize it like a camera and ask you to download the pictures. So do it. Let me know if you have any difficulty

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't see USN connected nor MTP nor This PC. The computer is not recognizing that the phone is connected
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Connect the phone to your computer. The swipe down from the top of the screen and let me know what do you see there ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
WI-FI Location Vibrate Screen Rotation Bluetooth
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The software didn't finish loading
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Can we do a screen share session, so I can connect to your computer and setup everything for you ?

Follow the steps below to start remote support session.

You have to do this from your computer itself. On your computer, goto this website ---> www.fastsupport.com

In FastSupport website, you will see two text columns. Name and Support Key. Under Name, enter your name and under Support Key enter this code --- > 895238292

or click this link -> https://www.fastsupport.com/895238292

Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to connect. An application named Citrix Online Launcher will be downloaded Then open the Citrix Online Launcher file you see there and then open the Citrix Online Launcher application. Allow permission to connect if asked.

Let me know if you have any difficulty connecting to me.

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Hello there, You disconnected me. I was opening your WiFi network settings to give you the WiFi password, so you can connect your phone to WiFI network. We need to connect your phone to WiFi network

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do not answer our question ever again you should not be opening our security codes, please repost our question
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

All I opened is WiFi security code, so you can connect your phone to it. I didn't open anything else and the WiFi code is no use to me. Because I can't connect to you WiFI. Sorry you misunderstood

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is no need to open the computers wifi info, the phone has its own wifi
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Yes, there is need because phone doesn't has its own WiFi. There is only one WiFi network from your router and all your devices connect to same network. Both your phone and computer uses same network.

You said your phone is not connected to WiFi, so I opened WiFi settings to give your WiFI name and password ***** you can connect to it. I didn't access anything else as you saw it.

Connect the phone to WiFi, download and open Dropbox and sign in to the dropbpx. Then dropbox will transfer the photos to your computer via WiFi

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

You have to connect the phone to the same WiFi network that your computer has connected. Then download Dropbox from Play Store. You can only download if your phone is connected to your home WiFi network. If it is not connected, then go to Settings > WiFi and connect from there.

Then download Dropbox. Open it. Sign in to your account. Then it will ask you to enable Camera Uploads or not. Enable it. Then all your photos from the phone will be uploaded to your computer.

To see the uploaded photos, open This PC from desktop. You will see Dropbox on left side. Click it and you will see Camera folder or Pictures folder. Open it and you will find all the pictures there.

The only code I opened is your WiFi code to show it to you. It is no use for me because I live in different part of earth. Only the people around there (in your home) can connect to it.

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

.

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I apologize if there is any inconvenience caused to you by me. You misunderstood. Believe me, All I did is show you your WiFi password ***** you can connect the phone to your same network to transfer the photos because you said your phone isn't connected to WiFi. The WiFi password ***** ***** use to me.

I can help you here if you want. If you don't want my help, then I will opt out or you can post a new question and other experts will help you. Thank you.