Randy
Randy, Customer Service
Experience:  Expert in service and repair of all Smartphones.
62741268

My I phone was "lost" last night. Can APPLE SHUT DOWN THE

Customer Question

My I phone was "lost" last night. Can APPLE SHUT DOWN THE PHONE?(###) ###-####
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Randy replied 10 months ago.

Yes, you can also use your Apple id to lock it permanently, then the only way it can ever be used again is if you unlock it using the Apple id.

If you lose your iPhone or think it might be stolen, these steps might help you find it and protect your data.

If Find My iPhone is turned on, you can use it to find your device.

If Find My iPhone isn't on, change your passwords and report the device as missing.

If Find My iPhone is enabled on your missing device

You can use Find My iPhone to find your device and take additional actions that can help you recover it and keep your data safe.

1. Sign in to icloud.com/find on a Mac or PC, or use the Find My iPhone app on another iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Find your device. Open Find My iPhone, and select a device to view its location on a map. If the device is nearby, you can have it play a sound to help you or someone nearby find it.
  3. Turn on Lost Mode. Using Lost Mode, you can remotely lock your device with a four-digit passcode, display a custom message with your phone number on your missing device's Lock screen, and keep track of your device's location
Expert:  Randy replied 10 months ago.

did that work for you?

Please let me know if you need more help.