Viet-Smartphone Tech
Viet-Smartphone Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with smartphones.
30037186

I have an iPhone 5s. It is set up to receive emails from my

Customer Question

Customer: i have an iPhone 5s. It is set up to receive emails from my Cox account. All emails received on the phone are deleted when i open my email account on my computer. This just started happening when i had to restore my computer.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Iphone is set up with Imap...Outlook on my computer is set up as POP, but that is how it is automatically configured. Also, I have a Gmail account on my iPhone where this does not happen.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Smartphones Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Viet-Smartphone Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does this issue only occurs when you open email on your computer?

What's the version of your Office / Outlook version, such as 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, etc.?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

In Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010/2013 in Windows computer:

1. Go to Tools menu at the top in Outlook, then option Account Settings in Outlook 2007
    ; go to File menu at the top in Outlook, Account settings in Outlook 2010 / 2013.
  2. There, select your cox email account, click Change button above (or double-click on the cox email account.)
  3. Click More Settings button.
  4. Click on the Advanced tab at the top.
  5. Check the box in front of the option Leave a copy of messages on the server,
    ; and make sure the option Remove from server after ... days is unchecked.
    , and make sure the option Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items' is checked.
  6. Then click OK / OK, and check.

In Outlook 2003 and older on Windows computer:

1. Click on Tools menu at the top in Outlook, then click on option Email Accounts.
  2. Select View or Change Existing Accounts.
  3. Select the cox email account, click Change.
  4. Click More Settings.
  5. Click on the Advanced tab at the top.
  6. Check the box in front of the option Leave a copy of messages on the server,
  7. Then click OK / OK, and check.

Thank you.

For Outlook on Mac computer:

1. In Outlook, click on Outlook menu at the top, then click on Preferences. Then open option Accounts.
    ; (Or click Tools menu at the top, then click the Accounts tab)
  2. Select your cox email account on the left.
  3. Click the Advanced button at the bottom right.
  4. Check the box in front of the option Leave a copy of each message on server.
    ; for option Delete copies from the server, select the option After deleting from this computer if available.
  5. Click OK, and close, then check.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.