Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

Cannot rember password wish to back up existing phone to

Customer Question

Cannot rember password ***** to back up existing phone to purchase a new one
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Hi John and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

We can backup the old iPhone to your computer using iTunes and then restore that backup to your new iPhone when you get. This is the easiest and safest way to do it

(First on your iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud and turn off Find My iPhone. If you do not remember the password ***** iCloud then stop here. Do not backup and restore the backup to your new iPhone because this will permanently block your new iPhone. So let me know if you don't know your iCloud password ***** unable to sign out from Find My iPhone.)

Then download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here --> http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

After downloading iTunes, make sure you install it by opening the downloaded file and following onscreen instructions. After installing iTunes, open iTunes. Then connect the iPhone to your computer. iTunes will recognize it. Then select your iPhone icon at the upper left, next to Musics, Movies etc icons.

This will bring the Summary screen of iPhone. Now, click Backup Now button and make sure "To This Computer" is selected there. This will backup the entire iPhone to your computer.

Now follow the steps below when you get the new iPhone.

Then connect the new iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. Select your iPhone at top left.

Then this time click Restore Backup button and from the list of backups, select the backup of your old iPhone from the drop down menu. Click Restore.

This will restore the backup of old iPhone to your new iPhone.