Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I restored my Husband's iPhone instead of my own
, I am

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** I restored my Husband's iPhone instead of my own
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am now trying to connect to i Tunes and restore the proper phone
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Smartphones Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I am willing to wait, but let me see if I can fix it first
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Did you restore your husbands backup to your iPhone from your computer or did you restore the husbands iPhone to factory settings ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

If you have restored your husbands's iPhone to factory settings, then do this. Connect the iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. In iTunes, select the iPhone (at top left). Click Restore Backup button. From the list of backups, find your husband's backup and click Restore. If you can't find the backup of your husband's phone there and if everything from his phone is already gone, then you can attempt to restore that device from iCloud. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Contents and Settings. After erasing, this will bring setup screen. While setting up, click Restore from iCloud option and this will restore the most recent backup to his phone from iCloud if any available.

If you restored your husband's backup to your iPhone from iTunes and if everything on your iPhone is deleted and replaced with his info, then you need to restore your own backup to your iPhone. Connect it to your computer. Open iTunes and select your iPhone. Click Restore Backup. Select your backup point.

If you don't see your backup, then erase your phone from Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings. Then restore from iCloud while setting up.

(If you want to restore your iPhone to new, then do the erase it from Settings of device or restore it from iTunes on your computer). Let me know how it goes please.