Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

How do I fix update error 0xc8000710 on my windows 10 mobile

Customer Question

How do I fix update error 0xc8000710 on my windows 10 mobile please ?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  AnswersByEric replied 1 year ago.

Hey there :)

That specific error means that there was a problem downloading the files needed to upgrade to the newest OS based on missing files. This error is very vague, so i need to ask a couple questions. Are you having this issue while upgrading Windows itself? Are you getting this error right after upgrading? Or, are you getting this error after trying to upgrade the apps on the new operatign system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Lumia 640 XL phone was upgraded to the latest build of Windows 10 mobile under the Insider Preview Program some weeks ago and has been running fantastically on it. This error only popped up this morning and although it's an age old problem with Windows going back many years a fix when the phone is now immobilised has not been easy to find either through Microsoft or elsewhere. The fix has to be an easy one with an error which is so common
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems to be an error associated with updating presumably both the OS and Apps. The phone now won't run updates, the dialler and SMS are out of action and the Edge browser keeps crashing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the absence of any better advice I reset the phone and it is now working again with what looks like the real factory version of Windows 10 Mobile (not the Insider Preview Version), so I suspect it was trying to do an upgrade to the newly released factory version which is what caused the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I require a refund please as Eric was unable to provide a satisfactory answer to enable the problem to be fixed.