Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

I gave my iPhone 5 to my aunt - i'm trying to get it back to

Customer Question

I gave my iPhone 5 to my aunt - i'm trying to get it back to my factory settings so she can use it
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.

Hi

So you are trying to erase the contents of the phone, correct?

First, let's go to settings - iCloud and make sure "find my iPhone" is off. If not, turn it off.

Then go to settings - general - reset - erase all content and settings.

Now your aunt can set it up with her details.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you find any difficulty.

Thank you

Vinod

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not helpful - my old phone is past the erase stage. I can't reset up the phone for her because it's not recognizing my Apple ID and password

Did you mean after erasing all contents, it is asking to enter your Apple ID and password?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I erased the phone and set it up for my aunt. It was working fine until I removed that iPhone from my iCloud. It reset the phone and now I can't get back in because it's asking for an Apple ID and mine isn't working.

If you have removed your apple ID from Find my iphone, then there should not be any issues getting back in. Isn't it asking you to enter a new apple ID (or is it asking the password ***** an existing apple ID)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's asking for a password ***** an existing Apple ID. My aunt is 91 and couldn't have set up anything. It's like this glitch in the phone. I finally talked to Apple and they asked several security questions which I know my aunt and I didn't set up. Basically they're saying the phone is useless.

I am afraid that phone was setup with a different ID and that is the reason it is asking you to enteer a password ***** an incorrect one.

Do you know whose ID that is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did see your question; I think this is a problem for Apple to unravel! Thank you for trying but your questions aren't helping me get any closer to a resolution and time is important so I can get this phone back in my aunt's hands.

sorry to hear that :(

If it is asking for an ID and password ***** set it up, I am afraid unfortunately only Apple can help.