Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

How do I unlock my iPhone 5s when I have forgotten the

Customer Question

How do I unlock my iPhone 5s when I have forgotten the passcode?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 11 months ago.

Hi

Sorry to hear about your issue :(

If you have forgotten the password, unfortunately, the only way out is to restore the iphone to factory settings. This will wipe out everything on the phone unless you have a backup either in itunes or in icloud.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the iphone to the computer. Now, on the iphone, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec. Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an iphone in recovery mode and needs to be restored.

Restore the iphone now. After restoring, choose the latest backup. Let me know if you find any difficulty.

Thank You

Vinod

Please don't post duplicate questions. You can always reply here. I have also sent you an additional service (phone call). If you choose to accept it, I will be able to call you on phone.