Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

Has a crack near turn on button but will not let you slide

Customer Question

has a crack near turn on button but will not let you slide across or turn off
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.

Hi

What is the make and model of your phone please? And did you mean your phone screen is frozen?

Thank You

Vinod

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
apple iphonec 5 has a crack near the on button and will not let me slide to open

Thank you.

How long have you been facing this issue? Apart from the crack, is the on button functioning fine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
today only as it only broken today

It could be because of a hardware damage. Anyway, let's try some basic troubleshooting.

Hold down the power button and the home button together for 10-15 sec. Let me know if you get any apple logo.

If it does show an apple logo, check whether your issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have the apple logo there but will not work

Even after rebooting if the slide to unlock does not work, I am afraid it is more of a hardware damage and may need a repair or replacement.

However, we can also try a complete restore of the phone to factory settings and see if that would resolve the issue. I believe you may have a backup of the iphone either in icloud or in itunes in the computer (so that after a phone restore, we can recover the data).

Open itunes in the computer and connect the iphone to the computer. If your iphone is recognized by itunes, click on the iphone logo listed in itunes and now, to the middle of the screen you will find a button called "backup iphone". Click on that to backup your phone. After backup is complete, click on the button "restore iphone"and restore it. Let's see if that works.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks will get it looked at

okay. let me know if you find any difficulty.