Josh, Technician
Experience:  Smartphone support
50836188

IPhone4s 315 546 4408 /Verizon Wireless to modem 315 468

Customer Question

iPhone4s(###) ###-####/Verizon Wireless to modem(###) ###-#### Screen shows the Apple Symbol like when you first turn on. Symbol is on several minutes - then says must reactivate - then I select my network ... itWorksNow (which I named), asks for password ***** reactivate - doesn't accept any I try and screen blank. Tried my WEP 1BF4E614E4 nope. Fell free to go on my laptop IP 192.168.1.1 Just added HP officejet 6812 wireless printer. Please Chat me on my Laptop. Don't have phone right now ! !
HELP I AM SUFFERING ! ! ***** *****i (###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Did you use the WEP as the password ***** the iPhone as well? Have you tried?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used the WEP as a "password" on the phone it didn't work. I got the WEP of back of modem - so modem and recently installed wireless HPofficeprinter 6812 could communicate.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

On your phone, double check to make sure that you are typing the password ***** as it appears (all capitalized letters must be capital). Also, iPhones will automatically capitalize the first letter so make sure that is being used correctly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm particually good with details like that ... but I try it again right now
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Okay, thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I entered the WEP ...now it is searching
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean searching? You should be selecting your Wi-Fi from the list and when you select it, it will prompt you for a password.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it said the password ***** not correct
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

What is the make/model of your router so we can confirm you are using the correct password?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually don't ever remember needing to type in a password ***** ever ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would have never associated "password" with the WEP security key
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

What is the make/model of your router?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Westell Model A90-750015-07
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

On a connected computer, click here: http://192.168.1.1

A login prompt should pop up, to login, type admin for the username, and password ***** the password ***** well

Once in, click the Wireless Settings icon, then Basic Wireless Settings in the left navigation panel

Click the password ***** if it shows one, otherwise please look for your SSID and password/key code listed on that page.

If you change it, save your settings, then 2 minutes then try to connect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my iphone4s is MF7LL/A model A 1387
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8 GB
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Please follow my steps from my last reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you are telling me to go to an email u just sent me ?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

No, please scroll up on the screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I scrolled .... it showed 3 columns each trimmed in red - it put up specs on mine ... but there is no place to enter admin and password
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Would you be okay if I connected to your computer to reveal the password?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there was no popup - so could not put in admin and pssword
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to try it again on that link
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Okay, thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok found the note .... it requires my user name and password ***** I don't know my password ***** which is the reason I contacted you folks
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

username: admin

password: password

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Josh ... with the utmost of respect for your experience and skills ..... we been on the phone more than an hour ... please indicate I was not satsified - and I don't expect to be charged the $5 for appt and the $40 for service. Please acknowledge that you will do that.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

We are working on the issue and reaching very close to a resolution. Please use the login information that I have given you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok - you mean the admin and password ?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did not work is the password Password or password
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

password

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried it 3 times .... and just now .... nothing
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Do you mind if I connect to your computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please connect please
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Great!

I am sending you the remote offer. Please accept it (it can take 1-2 minutes for it to appear) and I will provide you with the steps so I can connect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Josh ............... as I said previously ... with the utmost of respect for your experience and skills ..... we been on the phone more than an hour ... please indicate I was not satsified - and I don't expect to be charged the $5 for appt and the $40 for service. Please acknowledge that you will do that.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what you mean. You are wishing to continue then you want to cancel. Please acknowledge which option that you prefer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel and acknowledge .... The continue comment ... was before I was given the cost. Please Cancel
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I will send a note to cancel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK please do that - and also confirm that you have done the following as I requested - please indicate I was not satsified - and I don't expect to be charged the $5 for appt and the $40 for service. Please acknowledge that you will do that.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I will send in a note. I do not deal with payments; that is a different department.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you are saying you will will send a note to the payments people...How do I get an online form that I can explain my dissatisfaction
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

There isn't such a form. I will not be notified of any responses after this message. Please wait for contact from customer service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok ... thanks ...I will await their email message.Josh - I have no problem with your efforts at all. Your company should prepare you to
answer my question in 20 minutes.