Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

Change my email from to my new email?

Customer Question

change my email from***@******.*** to my new email***@******.*** ?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is the model and make of your phone ? On where exactly do you see the old email address ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Are you getting the pop up of old email address when you update the applications of your phone ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iphone6
model #A1549
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Did you create a new Apple ID or just changed the email address of old ID ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
created a new apple ID, with new email address
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You should've changed the ID instead of creating a entirely different ID. Now the problem is, each application you downloaded using old email address is tied to that ID/email address. That means when ever you try to update those apps from App Store, it will still ask for the old Apple ID/email regardless of what ID you signed on your iPhone. So what you want to do is, just delete the application and redownload them using your new ID/email and then that application will be tied to that account.

Deleting the app will also delete it's contents. It won't delete anything of server based apps like Facebook, Emails etc.

To delete, just tap and hold down the app and it will start wiggling. Tap the x icon on the app and it will be deleted. Then open App Store, search the application and download it.

Also go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and make sure you are using your new ID there. Let me know how it goes

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If you still have access to the password ***** old ID, then you can continue to supply it when asked, so the phone will install updates for the old apps (downloaded using old ID) and thus you don't have to delete the applications.

If you have signed to new ID under Settings > iTunes & App Store, then all the NEW applications or stuffs you are going purchase or download from iTunes or App Store will be tied to your new ID.

If you want to switch all old applications to new ID, then you have to delete those old applications that were downloaded using old ID, and then redownload them from App Store using new ID. This will tie them to new ID and from on it will ask for new ID when ever you try to update them.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If you have any questions or need any additional clarifications, please don't hesitate to ask and I'm happy to answer all your follow up questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Firstly I was disconnected by shaw cable, from the use of their TV,phone, and internet service, and the use of my email address, But the carrier of my cell phone has always been Sasktel, my old email address was no longer available,So I changed to a new email***@******.***, and I created a new apple Id, thinking it would fix the problem, but using my new apple ID is does not let me get updates from Itunes&app store, because my old email address always pops up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whenever the old email pops up, it asks for a pin, and i I enter the pin of for it, it comes as an invalid pin
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

First go to Settings> iTunes & App Store. Then if you see your old ID there, tap it and tap Sign Out. Then sign in to your new ID.

Now, you have to delete the applications downloaded using your old ID. For eg, if you've downloaded Facebook using old ID, then tap and hold down the Facebook app in home screen, then tap the x icon on it and it will be deleted. Then open App Store, search download and download it. This time it will ask for new ID and it will be downloaded using new ID

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

After deleting Facebook, open App Store, search FACEBOOK and download it. Do the same for other applications that is waiting for update.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You are probably confused about how the system works. All the applications you downloaded from App Store requires the same ID to update that was used to download them. For example: If you have downloaded the Facebook app on your iPhone using your old ID, then it will require old ID to get future updates for that application. It is married to the ID that was used to download it.

So what you want to do is, delete that Facebook application and then redownload the Facebook application from App Store again using your new ID.

To delete Facebook- in home screen tap and hold down the Facebook application and it will start wiggling. Tap the x icon on it and it will be deleted. Now open App Store, search Facebook and download it. If it asks for ID, enter your new ID and password.

You have to delete all the apps that were downloaded using old ID and then redownload them from App Store using new ID. Then it will no longer ask for old ID when you update. Let me know if you are still confused.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am more confused than ever,... don't have access to my old email address anymore, it was disconnected , i think
i need to change n remove that email address from this Iphone
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You don't need your old email address. Lets do this step by step. On your iPhone, go to Settings tap iTunes & App Store. What ID do you see there ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i see my old email, ***@******.***
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Tap it and tap Sign out. Let me know

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

After signing out, sign in to your new Apple ID or create a new ID with your new email address from there. Let me know once you did that

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Joseph, How is it going ?