Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

I want to buy a new logic board broken iPhone, but all the

Customer Question

I want to buy a new logic board for my broken iPhone, but all the ones I see on eBay seem to state that the iCloud is locked. Not sure if this will make a difference apart from using iCloud. Can you advise?http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/172017477496
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

With the new software they made for iOS if the original owner of the iPhone did not sign out of the iPhone before the Logicboard was removed, then it is locked. This is also the case if it is stolen. It is best to avoid these if you can as you cannot use them unless the seller can sign into the iCloud account and Then the seller logs into iCloud.com and goes to find my iPhone. Since it is powered off, it will not find it and the seller will have the option to remove it from find my iPhone. After that you can then use it, but you must make sure the Seller is capable of this, else its likely a stolen board. Apple will not unlock it for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are the most efficient expert I have dealt with on JustAnswer. I have to say your speed and knowledge is second to none. Thanks for your reply and I will avoid these now. In another answer to me you told that replacing logic board is expensive, this is why I was looking on eBay. Is here anyway to know which component on my logic board I need to replace to fix it. I am really keen to fix it, if possible. Any advice?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me please the problem you are having on the phone?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

and thank you for the kind words

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you