Viet-Smartphone Tech
Viet-Smartphone Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with smartphones.
30037186

I added my thumbprint but also changed my 4 digit passcode

Customer Question

I added my thumbprint but also changed my 4 digit passcode to a 6 digit passcode, and then forgot that 6 digit passcode. what do I do? I've tried the same code multiple times
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Viet-Smartphone Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Press & hold the Power button on the iPhone until it lets you slide to turn off, then turn off.
  2. Open iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. (If needed, download and install the iTunes software on the computer at the website http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ first.)
  3. Connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.
  4. On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  5. After 10 or 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  6. Click OK or Restore / factory reset.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34v8HMC9B98

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it didn't work. you suckered me. it went to restore mode, then asked again for the passcode! refund? your site said secured....

I'm sorry; we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Did you follow the exact steps? Did you watch the video? Are you stuck at any step?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix your iPhone directly through your computer together with you?

Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Than kyou.

When you have done the steps correctly, it will not ask for passcode; it will let you do factory restore / reset in the iTunes program on the computer without requiring the passcode. You may have to try a few times. Please watch the video instructions at the website below: