Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

What do i do? I accidentally washed my i phone.

Customer Question

what do i do? I accidentally washed my i phone.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

You really need to put it in Rice, as this is most effective for sucking out the moisture from the phone.

Then let it sit for 48 hours completely immersed. Make sure not to try to turn it on in the meantime.

Once done, connect it to the charger and try to turn it on. If it has not shorted out, then it will come on.

If you get no reaction from it, then you shorted out the mainboard and in this even you will need to have a hardware diagnostics performed on the phone and generally the mainboard will need to be replaced.

But use the rice first for 48 hours to stand the best chance of getting it to work.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you