Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

I have an older iPhone: I do not know how to tell you you

Customer Question

I have an older iPhone: I do not know how to tell you you which version it is...IOS 3 or 4?
How can I access this info?
My issues are that I have 0 storage listed when I have: 4.5 out of 5.9 gigs used. Everything listed in my storage usage adds up to less than 1/4 of my storage usage. I have deleted many app's as well as photos. Where or what is this storage usage coming from?
I will not delete iCloud...nor any other apps that I still have. I would like to remove many pics from my iCloud but cannot if they came from my computer.
Please advise.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Check in your Settings, then go to Messages, then look to see if there is a setting for how long to keep the messages. Let me know what it is set on please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have gone to messages... there is no setting for how long to keep messages...just imessage, send read receipts, send as SMS, send & receive...etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my iPhone is inaccurately, reporting storage usage as: 0 bytes available! About 4 gigabites are missing. What is using this memory?
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

okay, this may be your messages being stored. It could also be your videos and pictures. Do you have iTunes software installed on your computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no videos. My pics are minimal. My messages are also minimal. Yes, I have iTunes on my iPhone. This question refers to my iPhone not my my computer .
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

okay, if you have iTunes on your computer we can use the iTunes program to find out and correct the problem with the iPhone.