Randy
Randy, Customer Service
Experience:  Expert in service and repair of all Smartphones.
62741268

I cannot hear waze on my car Bluetooth unless I am using my

Customer Question

I cannot hear waze on my car Bluetooth unless I am using my phone on a call in the car. how can I hear it when I am driving alone and not on the phone?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Some car bluetooth systems only work with the phones calling functions.

I can check on your system specs for you. I will need the brand/model of your phone and also the year,model and make of your vehicle please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
apple 6i iphone bmw 750i 2014
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

okay, thank you. Do you have the"BMW Connected" app installed on your iPhone 6?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my Bluetooth works in my car with the phone
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

okay, waze recommends disabling both Play sound to phone speaker and Prefer Bluetooth. With both of these settings off, you can listen to music or receive phone calls while navigating with Waze.

If you have enabled either of the settings, please read below:

• Play sound to phone speaker enabled, with this setting:
    • If you're connected to a Bluetooth device, your music will take a break when Waze announces an alert or your route navigation (depending on the sound setting you've selected). Waze announcements will come out of your phone speaker.
    • If you're connected to a Bluetooth device and you receive a phone call, make sure to accept the call and change where the sound will play from - from your iPhone to iPhone speaker. If you forget to change the setting (note: you must do it every time you answer a call), your Waze announcement will be muted.
    • If you're connected to a USB and you receive a phone call, you will have difficulty hearing any Waze navigation. If you're connected via USB without connection to a Bluetooth device, we recommend disabling the play to phone speaker setting.
  • Prefer Bluetooth enabled, with this setting:
    • Your music volume will lower automatically when Waze announces an alert or your route navigation (depending on the sound setting you've selected). Waze announcements will come out of your Bluetooth system.
    • If you receive a phone call, make sure to accept the call and change where the sound will play from - from your iPhone to iPhone speaker. If you forget to change the setting (note: you must do it every time you answer a call), your Waze announcement will be muted.
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!