Viet-Smartphone Tech
Viet-Smartphone Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with smartphones.
30037186

I am unable to set up my outlook email on my iPhone, 5s,It

Customer Question

I am unable to set up my outlook email on my iPhone, 5s,It will not accept any of my former passwords and numerous attempts to reset my password ***** failed
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. It's important to use the right account, and the password ***** ***** sensitive. Are you sure you're trying to sign into the right account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
outlook is my only active email. I understand case sensative. To repeat my iphone will not open my email although I have used every password ***** have had, and I get email on my IMac and Samsung tablet. Have also tried to reset the password ***** the code did not work
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

That is odd, I'll open the question back up in case another expert has another idea.

Expert:  Viet-Smartphone Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does your @outlook.com email address password ***** when you sign in at the Outlook website outlook.com?

- Can you please try the following on your iMac computer in order to retrieve your outlook email password:

1. Open Finder/Apple logo, then select Applications, then Utilities. Then open Keychain Access
  2. If needed; select System under Keychains column on the left. If needed, select All Items under Category on the left.
  3. Then look for your outlook email address there (there may be several, so you have to check each one until it works.)
  4. Then double-click on it.
  5. Select tiny box at Show password.
  6. Enter your Mac administrator's password, and press the Enter key. If you don't have one, just leave it blank and press the Enter key.
  7. Then you will see your outlook email password. (It is case-sensitive.) Then try on the iPhone.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did all that and found only one email but there was no tiny box saying show pass word. My email address is not @outlook.com it is***@******.***. I just can't reset or find my password ***** my iPhone?

I'm sorry. So previously, you went to the website https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

, then there, select the option "I forgot my password", then next. Then enter your msn email address, and next

, then continue the instructions there to reset the password, but it did not work right?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can retrieve or reset your msn email account password ***** your computer, then you can enter it on the phone?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried again with another code and it worked. I must have done something wrong the other times I used the codes, I was able to change my password. Now I get asked for a pass word every time i open my iMac and it won't accept the new one

Thank you for replying back. I'm sorry; that is strange. Password ***** ***** So you go to the Hotmail website http://www.hotmail.com/ (or the Outlook website http://www.outlook.com/) on your iMac computer, then sign in with your msn email address and the password ***** changed to, but it does work at the website?