Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

Since I've synced my music with iCloud (I think!), my iPhone

Customer Question

Hi John
Since I've synced my music with iCloud (I think!), my iPhone doesn't have any music. This is supported by the iTunes App (for my iPhone) under Summary/Music showing "iCloud Music Library is On" and display bar at the bottom of the screen showing Photos, Apps, Other but no music on my iPhone.
When I look at "On My Device" the page shows "Music" and only 1 voice memo! I can't say that I have ever been enamoured with iTunes, with so many major changes...
How can I get music back on my iPhone?
Many thanks.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Try adding all of your music into a new playlist folder, unsync and then sync all of your music again.

Let me know if it then appears on the phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looked up on how to unsync in the web and followed your instructions - not change. Probably be me not unsyncing perhaps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure how to unsync but have tried different options, and then syncing. However, there is still no music on my iPhone 6.Bob
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

First, is the music still on your computer within itunes?

Or ts also missing there?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello RichardThe music is still on my Mac in iTunes, currently displaying by album, when I have the notes symbol icon displayed. If I then select the iPhone icon just under the Summary icon when I have music selected I only see the window that says,"iCloud Music Library is On" and then a grey box that only gives a selection of "Sync voice memos". If I then click music under the "On my Device I only see in the window display "Music" and aa play icon and underneath the list is only 1 voice memo, 'New Recording"Hope this helps explain. I can take a screen snapshot(s) but not sure if I can upload to this answer box.regardsBob
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, if you connect the phone Bob then drag the music from the computer to the phone it should then add it. Or even right click and send the music to the phone

What happens when you do this?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried dragging and dropping but it doesn't work.Also, no offence intended but I'm not keen to share my system with a complete stranger.regardsBob
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

no problem Bob, though what was the issue you encountered when trying to drag the music as this should have worked.