Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

When all my data, contacts, etc. were transferred to my new

Customer Question

When all my data, contacts, etc. were transferred to my new 6S phone, all my pictures did not come over. I do not have them on my computer but they are mostly on my IPAD
Camera roll shows 2508 photos but only there for some dates, most recent usually, rest are just blank. All else good. Thoughts?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that you should recollect as to whether the 'blank' pictures are really just references to pictures that are no longer stored in an accessible place, but have not been deleted either (which would remove the reference too as well as the picture itself.)

To put it another way: the pictures are elsewhere.

I suspect those 'blank' pictures are really on a memory card, or perhaps out there on the Cloud (in internet storage that is), or otherwise... 'elsewhere'.

Being elsewhere would account for the pictures being listed, but being 'blank'.

Figuring out *where* that elsewhere is, could require some thought. The suggestions I have made so far may not be all the possibilities by any means.

Let me know what you think. (I suggest, as an afterthought, that taking one specific picture whose name (or date or other reference) you have some distinct memories of, and thinking as to where that picture might have been stored at the time, could be fruitful.)