Randy
Randy, Customer Service
Experience:  Expert in service and repair of all Smartphones.
62741268

I did not put in a pass code Apple Iphone 6, used

Customer Question

I did not put in a pass code for my Apple Iphone 6, used fingerprint. Now it will not take fingerprint and is asking for a pass code. If I put one in I do not remember the numbers, BUT I really don't think I did.
When I got a text my thumb was a little wet and it did not accept it, that is when it started asking for the pass code.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. .
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I am sorry this happened. This could be a glitch in the software and the iPhone needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 30 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons. Then try the fingerprint again and let me know please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still asking for passcode
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't try anything else right now, family problem and I have to leave. Please send any suggestions and I will try them when I get home.
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

okay, no problem. Try these steps and let me know when you are available.

First you will need to log in to icloud.com, click on the link >>>>here<<<<

Then when you open icloud.com on your computer you will need to enter the apple id and password ***** was used to activate the iphone when you first set it up.

If you do not remember the apple id, it is usually the same as your current email address, you can choose I forgot my apple id on that screen also.

When you have successfully logged in to icloud you will need to turn off find my iphone. Then follow these steps please>

Please follow these steps, make sure that you have the latest version of itunes installed on your computer>>>click here for itunes download<<

• Connect the USB cable to the iPhone, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port.
  • press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
  • When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
  • When this screen appears you can release the Home button:
  • Then use iTunes to restore the iPhone.