Randy
Randy, Customer Service
Experience:  Expert in service and repair of all Smartphones.
62741268

Iphone won't charge

Customer Question

iphone won't charge
Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
  • You will need to determine if this is a firmware or hardware issue.
  • If it is a hardware issue then you may be able to clean the port with a soft brush and alcohol. Power off the iPhone and then use the brush with rubbing alcohol and clean the charge port really well. Then blow the port dry with air and pet back on and check.
  • If that does not work you will need to rule out the firmware.
  • The only option to rule out the firmware in the iPhone will be a factory restore.
  • The process for restoring an iPhone begins by wiping the iPhone, which puts it into the same clean state it was when you first got it out of the box.
  • But before you take this step, you must make sure your iPhone has been backed up to the iCloud.
  • You can verify your iCloud backup by going into the iPhones settings and choosing iCloud from the menu.
  • In the iCloud settings, choose Storage and Backup. This will take you to a screen that will display the last time the iPhone was backed up to iCloud.
  • Once you verify the backup, you are ready to begin the process. You will start by erasing all data and settings from the iPhone, which puts it into a clean state,
  • Go to General from the Settings icon. . Scroll all the way down in the General settings until you see "Reset".
  • From this menu, choose "Erase All Content and Settings".
  • Once this complete, go through the initial set up and then choose to restore from a backup, you will be taken to a screen where you can choose from your last backup.