Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

I cant get my bluetooth lg 900 to connect to my iphone 6

Customer Question

Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Make sure the phone is set to

- Bluetooth On / Enabled

- Bluetooth 'discoverable'

Then try to first pair, then connect.

At what point does the process break down? if with some error message, what is the error message, and on which device does the error message appear?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No error message. My iPhone 6sjust says on the Bluetooth screen lg 900 and it just churns trying to pair it when I turn the headset on
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

One of the devices, or both, may not be set to 'discoverable'.

Or, perhaps you need to do the pairing in the opposite direction, from the other device. (It's something to try in this situation, at any rate.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do in in the opposite direction? Last night I looked at the instructions again and it said to press on and the call button and hold to pair with my phone which I did. It still does not work. I turn my bluetooth on in my phone and it finds the lg 900 and displays it but it just churns trying to connect
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Well. It seems you *can't* connect from the iPhone. (BTW, what version of iPhone is it? that might well limit connectibility. Also, what version of iOS is on the iPhone?)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the iphone 6s which just is the larger screen. i used the lg 800 successfully on this phone i just bought the 900 because i wanted hopefully for it to work with greater distance from the phone for when i walk around my office. i have on my phone the ios 8.4.1
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry - I thought you might have some early version of the iPhone like the iPhone 4.

I am frankly puzzled as to what might cause this problem, so I have Opted Out of the case, opening it to other Experts in this category.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Choose on the iPhone Settings -> General -> Bluetooth -> ON
Select the LG if it is listed and touch Unpair.

Then on the iPhone hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo then release.

Let the iPhone restart

When it has, then pair and tell me if it now functions please.